You may have heard about "Let's Get Welly Moving". The Porirua Chamber of Commerce wants to do exactly that - and here in Porirua too.
Last week four scenarios were put forward by NZTA, Wellington City Council and Greater Wellington Regional Council. With the costs ranging from $150 million to $2.3 billion, depending on the scenario, we need to have a good look at what is proposed.
While what's proposed stops at Ngauranga Gorge we know what happens beyond this area impacts Porirua and the wider Kapati Region - getting to, from and around the entire Transport Network.
This member survey is to gauge your views on the future options for developing Wellington’s transport system. It will help directly inform the Chamber's submission to the 'Let's Get Welly Moving' team.
What we do know is what happens if we don’t make changes, that by 2026 we will have:
- 10% to 15% more car and public transport trips; even stronger growth in walk and cycle trips
- Peak period travel times by bus that are up to 25% longer
- AM peak travel times on SH1 between Ngauranga Gorge and the airport up to 25% longer, with less predictability.
- Morning peak lasts longer and evening peak starts earlier
- 15 to 20% more vehicles on Oriental Parade, and 10 to 15% more on Thorndon Quay.
- Weekday vehicle delay up by 30%-50%.
More information can be found at www.getwellymoving.co.nz.
We can't stand still in congestion any longer. Tell us what you think. Take our survey by clicking this link https://www.surveymonkey.