Porirua is a city in the Wellington Region of the North Island of New Zealand, and one of the four cities that constitute the Wellington metropolitan area. With a relaxed lifestyle, stunning harbour, rolling hills, and a flourishing business district, Porirua is a great place to live, work, and conduct business.
The benefits to business and investors are plentiful, including ample commercial land ripe for development, a diverse and stable workforce, easy access to the rest of NZ by road and rail, and the advantage of being just 20 minutes from the Capital City.
The numbers (as of 2018):
- Estimated population: 56,800
- New Zealand’s youngest city: 23% between 0-14 years old (as a percentage of total population)
- Average residential property value: $578,942 (2018)
- Value to local economy: $1.8billion
- Median household income: $108,400 (3rd highest behind Wellington city and Selwyn District)
- 4,320 Businesses as at 2018 (1% growth)
If you are looking to set up a business in Porirua, or have questions regarding business opportunities in the area, we are here to assist. Contact Tom Langdale-Hunt at email@example.com or call 04 239-6140