Porirua is a city in the Wellington Region of the North Island of New Zealand, and one of the four cities that constitute the Wellington metropolitan area. With a relaxed lifestyle, stunning harbour, rolling hills, and a flourishing business district, Porirua is a great please to live, work, and conduct business.
The benefits to business and investors are plentiful, including ample commercial land ripe for development, a diverse and stable workforce, easy access to the rest of NZ by road and rail, and the advantage of being just 20 minutes from the Capital City.
- Estimated population: 54,100
- New Zealand’s youngest city: 25.4% between 0-14 years old (2013 Census)
- Average residential property value: $382K (May 2015)
- Value to local economy: $1.5 billion
- Median household income: $82,300 (3rd highest in NZ 2013 Census)
- 4033 Businesses as at February 2014
- 2.2% Business unit growth per year over 10 years to 2014 (compared to 1.4% nationally)
If you are looking to set up a business in Porirua, or have questions regarding business opportunities in the area, we are here to assist. Contact: Tracy Johnson on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 04 239-6140