Join the Porirua Chamber!
The Porirua Chamber of Commerce is a business network designed to create, promote and seek opportunities for our businesses
to be their best. You only need to take a look around our website to see that we actively host regular networking events and training courses,
as well as an awesome Business Expo and the annual Westpac Porirua Business Excellence Awards (see the photos from last year here).
We provide a range of marketing opportunities on our website, in our weekly e-mails to the business community and at events, as well as information about the economic environment you are working in, and act as the voice of business to decision makers, ensuring the effects on the business community are considered and positive wherever possible. Most of all, we are the people you talk to when you need contacts, information, support, advice, a sounding board, a reference… we make sure you’re in the loop and well connected.
To learn a bit more about the Porirua Chamber of Commerce....
Have a look at some of the events we run here
Make a time for our Membership Manager to come and see you here
Or if you already know you want to be a member, join us here
Top ten benefits:
• Networking – get in touch with new contacts and build relationships – at least 2-3 events every month
• Training – low cost training tailored to the needs of our members. You can even request a topic and we’ll seek a trainer for you.
• Discounts – Z fuel card, OfficeMax up to 60% off, Telecom cheaper phones and plans – use the Chamber’s buying power to your advantage.
• Information – we help keep you informed about the important updates, changes in legislation, business news and information, so you know you’re up to date.
• Lobbying/Advocacy – we represent your views to decision makers including Councils, Government, and other organisations
• Marketing/Promotion – we provide opportunities including a member directory on our website, e-mail promotion, Business Expo, and other events to put the spotlight on your business
• Celebrating excellence – our Business Awards are an opportunity to celebrate your pride in your business, and your team.
• Support – when our members don’t know where to look, they contact us. Whether it’s a bit of advice, a contact person in a business/organisation, a document or article they’re seeking or a referral or recommendation, they call us, and we help. We get to know our members on a first name basis, so you don’t have to introduce yourself when you talk to us – we know who you are.
• Getting involved – we get you talking to other people in business. They know what it’s like, and members say it really helps to talk to other people running/owning a business about the challenges, lessons and opportunities.
• New initiatives – we constantly work with our members to make new stuff happen. The Expo was a request from members for a new way to promote themselves. Our ‘Going Solo’ morning tea was in response to sole traders asking for an event tailored to their type of business. Being a member of the Chamber means you can tell us what you need, and we look for ways to provide it.